About The Old Manor Hotel
The Old Manor Hotel has been owned by Alistair and Judy Saddler since May 2010, during which time it has been extensively refurbished, and in tandem with Operations Manager Morag Peattie, great attention has been given to all aspects of the hotel to ensure that all guests receive a warm welcome and excellent service, whatever the purpose of their visit.
In terms of its history, the property was originally built as a private residence in 1872, and was known as Aithernie House. This was long before Lundin Links became a fashionable and busy beach and golf resort.
Former residents included the Russell family, of Tullis Russell the Papermakers, for whom Aithernie was the family home in the early nineteen hundreds. There was also the Paxton family – the last survivor willed over a million pounds to MS Research.
Aithernie House remained a private residence till 1949 when a group of local businessmen converted the property opening in 1951 as the Beach Hotel. In the late 70′s the name changed to the Old Manor.